Make and bake these yummy Go Jetters Star Medal biscuits!
For the biscuits:
- red and yellow boiled sweets
- 125g slightly salted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
For the decoration:
- white and blue fondant
- runny honey
- coloured lengths of ribbon (3-5mm wide in Go Jetters colours)
METHOD (Makes 20)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan), gas mark 4.
- Line two flat baking trays with non-stick parchment.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then gradually beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift and stir in the flour and mix to a fairly soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Put the sweets into freezer bags, keeping each colour in a separate bag.
- Wrap in a tea towel and bash with a rolling pin until they break into small pieces. Set aside.
- When ready, roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to around the thickness of 0.5cm.
- Cut into circles using an 8.5cm round cutter and transfer the biscuits to the lined baking sheets, using a spatula.
- Using a star cutter around 6cm in size, stamp and cut out stars from the middle of each round.
- Any leftover dough and trimmings can be used to create more biscuits or if you have lots of baking trays, you can create a bigger first batch.